Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Living and loving


I love getting inspired. I love that feeling when prospective days seems like a series opportunities rather than a repetitive pattern of rusty links attached to a giant, meaningless shackle.... choking, repressing, oppressing. I've been getting inspired by the things I'm reading and the things I'm listening to. But specifically, I'm floating into the stratosphere after making significant dents in Cornel West's memoir, "Living and Loving Out Loud." That brother has no "off" switch and wouldn't have it in any other way. It makes me want to do more... help more, serve humankind with earnest love. It also inspires me to participate in some sort of meaningful activism or engagement and help, in some way, to break the cycle of being meaningless cogs in a faceless machine.
I want to live like the great minds of the worlds who live to learn, live to teach, live to discuss. I have these fantasies of Marx scribbling some thoughts in a London cafe, or Sartre enchanting a young woman about the state of affairs.

I want to harness this energy and of course be productive, but guide it for creative activities, be more engaged, I guess more human. The key thing is starting.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!

    Do you have any direction in mind? Helping abandoned babies, a new theory, a movie, etc.?

    ReplyDelete