Friday, April 29, 2011

better

This has been a very good week in terms of just focusing on my "stuff" and there has been a string of great dates.

I'm back in counseling now (as a client) and I'm learning a lot and ultimately realizing how hard I am on myself. Not that this pattern will cease to exist, because I think being hard on myself makes me strive for more. But I think I'll be more aware when being hard on myself becomes toxic and unhealthy.

I'm going to a dragon boat festival tomorrow and I hope to see a lot of Asians and colorful boats on Lady Bird Lake.

2 comments:

  1. All that aside, what the real issue here is why you're such a fuck up.

    jk! :p

    Good for you

    Is therapy hard? How would you describe what it is like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that reminds me of our "Street DSM" idea.

    It is hard in some respects, but it just "works" for lack of a better term. I remember after the first session, I started having more dreams about my dad and it really allowed me to be more emotional about it. We did a genogram too which was interesting.

    She might have me do EMDR soon which I'm a little worried about bc I hear that's pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete